Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Blindsided

This has been a VERY Difficult week. Our very good friends David and Cheryl Felts lost their youngest son who took his own life. I did not sleep much last night praying for the family and hurting for them and feeling their pain. As I went through this process I realized I am an emotional eater. I wanted to head for the kitchen and find comfort food. As I was made aware of this I turned to God and my wife. The bible says the Holy Spirit is my comforter! I put a plan into place and set my eyes on my race. During these times I will eat something on my plan and pray before doing so. Asking am I REALLY hungry? Drink a full glass of water, pray then re-evaluate. The key is hearing God's voice and obeying. Also KNOWING my body and when it signals true hunger. Another big key is community. I saw how important community is as I watched all the loving gestures, emails, calls and visitors to David and Cheryl and family. God did not design us to do life on our own. I am so proud of them especially David. He is the rock of his family. His roots in Jesus are deep and he will weather this storm. He is determined to go on with the things of God. Eye of the Tiger! David and Cheryl I love you and am praying for all of you.

Shalom

1 comment:

  1. Cary, isn't it interesting that God, who knows all, lets us experience events and set backs as a means to strengthen us? These times neither impress God, or change His views of us. They do however dial us in to ourselves. No one evolves into a better man. We battle to become that person we wish to be. To deny ourselves and follow the promptings of our Lord will always make the better man of us. Live long and prosper my friend.
    Curt

    ReplyDelete