Friday, August 27, 2010

TAWANDA

Recently my bride of 26 years was kind enough to accompany me to a movie called "The Expendables". For those of you who don't know, this is a 99% all guy show. You know.....Rockem, sockem, shootem up kind of show. The kind you walk out of the show and "T" aroma is thick in the air. You feel like you could take anything on and win!



Well to be fair I have always (reluctantly at times) watched a movie of the female persuasion with my bride. Reluctantly because after all who wants to see a 300 pd man sniffing and wiping tear away acting like he has something in his eyes?! I confess "The Notebook" ate my lunch!!!



Well.....one movie I sat and watched with my bride (reluctantly the first time) I have now seen several times. "Fried Green Tomatoes" I must confess is a good movie. In short it is about an elderly woman reflecting on life's battles to a woman coming into her mid life crisis.. (Men we have them too!!) The reflections are on how she met the giants in her life and faced them head on as "TAWANDA" the determined person from within. I have two parts of the show I really like. One I like because deep down inside I have always wanted to do the parking lot scene. Watch the movie and you will understand. However, the scene I want to focus on is the scene where she is tearing down walls to move the "Bee Charmer" in with her and her husband. This is something she has determined in her heart to do. She has flipped her TAWANDA switch on and is tearing down the walls to remodel her house.



Sometimes we need to switch on our TAWANDA switch. When life starts to "eat our lunch" and throw big walls up in our house, then it's time to tear down those walls. The word says the bible is the our sword (or sledge hammer) The sword says in I John 5:4 that we are overcomers, it says in ROM 8:37 that we are more than conquerors, and it says in Phil 4:13 We can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us. Does it say some things? NO! It says ALL things, SO let's pick up our sword, get it in our hearts and be determnined to bust down those walls...TAWANDAAAAAAAAAAA!!



I dedicate this to my bride of 26 years who continues to stand by my side and nock down walls that are put up before us!

No comments:

Post a Comment