Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Building Your Team

As I get deeper into this process I have had a greater understanding of just how important it is to have a good team around you. Just like any sport it is important to get FRESH blood into the game to be at your best. I took a step today and asked someone very special to me to be one of my accountability partners. I called my cousin who is one of the BRAVEST people and GREATEST warriors I know. She has been battling one disaster after another now for the last several years. She has been a true OVERCOMER! She is battling with cancer at this time in her life and, as most of us do, she has "her days" as I have mine. We agreed together today to stand in the gap for each other and ask the hard questions, when nobody else will ask. To speak the TRUTH in LOVE. To pray for one another. I am excited to be on a team with Candy, and I know as we go through this and encourage each other to keep "The Eye of The Tiger" we will be better fot it! Proverbs 27:17 says, "As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend." Let the sparks fly baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment